Sofia became the capital after the Veliko Tarnovo Constitution was accepted in 1879. In 1900 the City Council approved the emblem of Sofia and the city`s motto “Raste no ne staree” /Grows but does not Age/. In 1992 the Government chose September 17th as the Day of Sofia.
Sofia has a beautiful center whose buildings were restored with the help of the UNDP and EU`s `Beautiful Bulgaria` project. Sofia has thermal springs at the top center and is surrounded on all sides by wonderful mountain ranges.
The “Casa Boyana” boutique hotel is right next to the The Boyana Church, which is on UNESCO`s World Heritage list and also steps away from the National History Museum.
Attractions Located Nearby
* National Stadium Vasil Levski – 3.5 miles SW
* National History Museum – 0.6 miles SW
* Vitosha Mountain – 0.6 miles N
* Dragalevtsi Monastery – 2 miles N
* The Russian Church – 3.5 miles SW
* National Theatre – 3.5 miles SW
* National Opera House – 3.5 miles SW
* Banya Bashi Mosque – 3.5 miles SW
Cities Located Nearby
* Sofia downtown – 3 miles S
* Blagoevgrad – 55 miles N
* Plovdiv – 83 miles NW
Coporate Locations Nearby
* Sofia National Palace of Culture – 2.5 miles S
* International Expo Center – 7 miles SW